Take Advantage of Nation Wide EOFY Sales
We’re nearing the end of June and you know what that means: End of Financial Year (EOFY) is just around the corner. Hello bargains. Hello sales left, right and centre.
EOFY is the time to take advantage of once-a-year low prices all across Australia. If you’ve been thinking about buying a new couch, upgrading your computer or investing in a new car, there’s no better time than EOFY.
Why are there so many EOFY sales?
As EOFY creeps closer, retailers prepare to file reports and hit their annual sales goals. This means many retailers are happy to part with their items at a lower cost to encourage more sales. It’s also a great time for them to sell and clear out any stock that hasn’t been selling well to make room for newer and improved products next financial year. It’s not a good look for their books to have excess, stagnant stock and EOFY sales helps them neaten up their numbers while giving consumers the chance to go home with some good quality deals.
So this EFOY, what are the best bargains to be had?
Because the EOFY sales offer bigger discounts than any other time of the year, it’s a great opportunity to buy bigger items such as furniture. What might have cost a pretty penny any other time of the year could have its prices slashed during EOFY sales.
Looking for a new dining table, a modern couch or your dream bed? Check out the brands below who are currently offering some serious sales.
Freedom - Up to 30% off all furniture.
West Elm - Up to 50% off furniture.
Temple & Webster - Up to 40% off
With so many deals to be had, what better time to get your winter wardrobe ready? Retailers are looking to clear out their winter stock to make way for spring and summer items, so there are plenty of attractive prices around. Myer and David Jones offer some great prices, but whatever your fashion taste, you are sure to find options that suit you.
Myer - Up to 50% off women’s fashion and childrenswear
David Jones - Up to 60% off women’s fashion.
Tech isn’t always cheap, but with many stores offering significant discounts for EOFY, now is the time to pick up what you need without breaking the bank. Whether you’re looking to upgrade your phone, buy your child a laptop or enable your hobby of photography, there are plenty of Aussie tech sales to make the most of.
Dick Smith - Lots of slashed prices on tech and electronics.
The Good Guys - Discounts on laptops, tablets, mobile phones and more.
Catch - Extra discounts and clearance on a range of electronics.
Whether you’re craving some fresh decor or need to replace some tired pieces in your home, now’s the time to pick up homewares for a great price. Browse some of the best deals out there using the links below.
Bed Bath N’ Table - Up to 50% off on bedding, bath towel, homewares and more.
Adairs - Save up to 40% on bedroom, bathroom and kitchen homewares.
Myer - Massive stocktake sale on Myer homewares.
If you’ve been thinking about getting a new car, you could end up saving a lot if you buy during the 2020 EOFY. Car salesmen and their dealerships are under pressure to hit their sales targets because it could mean big bonuses for them. The good news for you is that they’re likely to cut you a sharp deal if you ask for it.
Like many industries in Australia, the car industry has been hit particularly hard during COVID-19. Sales have been very low which means you can expect bargains much bigger than other years. You should still do your research and be prepared to haggle, but you can bet the dealership will be desperate to sell to you.
How to make the most of EOFY sales
While there are sales to be had all over the place, there are a few things you can do to help you get the most bang for your buck. Keep these tips in mind when bargain hunting this EOFY.
- Create a list to avoid impulse purchases. Without a game plan, it can be easy to spend more than you intended. Creating a list and doing your research will help keep you focused on what’s important and what you really want to buy.
- Always do your research. Even though its price might be appealing, make sure the product meets your standards before buying it. The savings might not mean much if you’ve had to compromise on the quality or special features of the product.
- Shop around. Like any other time of the year, you should compare your options from different retailers to see where you can get the most bang for your buck. Knowing what a retailer’s competitors are offering might also help you leverage a better deal.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for a better deal. It might feel intimidating, but many retailers will be happy to offer you a better deal or throw in some bonus items if you ask.
- Buy the big stuff. You know, the big ticket items you need but put off buying such as fridges, mattresses and TVs. These expensive, one-off items are where you’ll find the biggest savings compared to the rest of the year.
- Purchase gifts for later in the year. It might seem a bit premature to start your Christmas shopping, but you could end up saving a lot by buying gifts now. Try to steer clear of seasonal items that might go out of trend, and instead stick to classic, timeless items.
- Make use of short term loans. If you want to take advantage of the EOFY sales, but are just a bit short of cash, a short term loan can help you strike when the time is right. At Ferratum, we offer short term online loans in Australia that can free Aussies up to get what they need when they need it.
Happy bargain hunting!